By Wishtrend Hours-Long Moisturizing Gauze Sheet Mask claims to provide long-lasting hydration, improve skin tone and texture, and brighten skin.
It contains 30g of high concentration essence which includes the key ingredients listed below:
- Panthenol is a type of vitamin B5 that is absorbed into the skin to moisturize and soften the skin.
- Due to the ester in tocopheryl and acetic acid, this compound is commonly referred to as vitamin E acetate. Tocopheryl acetate is a derivative of vitamin E and it helps to nourish nutrient-deficient skin and prevents loss of moisture in the skin to maintain hydration for healthier skin.
- Niacinamide is more commonly known as vitamin B3. It helps to brighten the skin and prevents moisture loss by strengthening the skin’s barrier to maintain healthy skin.
- Glutathione – When using more than 0.1%, it is known to have antioxidant and whitening effects. When using more than 2.5%, it helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sodium ascorbyl phosphate is a vitamin C derivative that protects and brightens the skin.
- Sodium hyaluronate is the sodium salt form of hyaluronic acid, which is known as the leading moisturizer in cosmetics, with its moisture content reaching 6000 times the normal humidity coefficient. It absorbs moisture and provides hydration to dry, rough skin to soothe and moisturize.
- Rosa Centifolia flower water provides nutrients that calm and hydrate the skin to keep the skin clear and lively.
- Beta-glucan has excellent moisturizing properties that aid in strengthening the skin’s barrier and maintaining the skin soft and smooth.
The ingredients list looks pretty clean on CosDNS, scoring mostly 1’s with the 11th ingredient (PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil) scoring a 3. I’m not too worried.
$4.30 per sheet on Wishtrend.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Niacinamide (Whitening agent), 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Carbomer, Betaine, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine (anti wrinkle agent), Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Whitening agent / Vitamin C derivatives), Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate (moisturizing agent), Glutathione(Whitening agent), Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Juniperus Communis Fruit Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Lecithin
The congestion in my skin is slowly easing up thanks to acids. But due to acids, my skin has became rather dry. A pimple on my cheek has just popped so lots of hydration and healing are in order. I’ve cleansed, exfoliated, and toned my skin. Find out how I normally prep my skin for masking.
The mask material was very intriguing. Made of lanseal, a high functioning fabric that is capable of absorbing a large amount of essence, they felt like thick and rough pieces of jelly. This was a 2-piece mask for the top and bottom of the face and had no backings. They felt ultra jiggly and bouncy and were thoroughly soaked and covered in gel-like essence. They gave off a light clean fragrance.
Fit was mostly great thanks to the ability to adjust the pieces. The mouth hole was a little too small for my liking hence my upper lip was partially covered the entire time.
Adherence wasn’t that great. The bottom piece was slipping down ever so slightly. The piece below my chin came completely detached by the end of the masking session. Also, due to the rough texture of the material, it was a challenge to smooth out all the air bubbles from underneath the mask. The smaller air bubbles eventually enlarged in size throughout 30 mins of wear. I took the mask off after 30 mins.
There was lots of essence left to pat in. Patting the essence in felt like I was applying a thick layer of gel moisturizer. My skin felt extremely hydrated. Finish was dewy and felt tacky. I also noticed a slight reduction in redness, but no brightening. I don’t think the claim of long-lasting hydration held up because I had to mist more than usual throughout the day to prevent my skin from getting that stretchy feeling.
Below is a side by side comparison of the before and after pictures.
Overall, it was a fun and interesting mask with great immediate effects. This is probably not suitable for anyone with dehydrated skin type that is prone to moisture loss.
$4.30 per sheet on Wishtrend.
Go be beautiful!